All the photos on this website were taken by me in the city of New Brunswick, NJ, USA. Hopefully, you will find them interesting.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

scudder.














It's been a rainy week in NB and I've really loved every minute of it. (I've often joked that I have reverse seasonal affective disorder) I know it's dreary, but it makes me feel cozy just getting in my car. I also feel this shared thing with everyone, we are all a little wet and a little trapped indoors, and we become just a bit closer because of it.
Anyway, I passed this impressive grave stone during a walk today and can't decide if it looks better in color or black and white. Any opinions on which one is better?
I had no idea who scudder was and why the name ends in a period, (but it does add an air of importance). I did some research on scudder and found this link http://www.ettc.net/njarts/details.cfm?ID=906 that explains everything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

I like the coloured one best, the green tinge dose it for me.
I clicked this link but alas it did not work.
I love old graves like this, I've resently been trying to find some old graves in a church yard near me, but the grave yard was in such a mess and hundreds of graves stones have been removed and the area now is a place for drugs to be taken... Very sad.

6:07 PM

 
Blogger Forks and Forest said...

I like both BW and the green tinge. The BW looks like an old photo because of the subject. Wonder what sepia toned would look like? Either way, a nice find.

12:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home