All the photos on this website were taken by me in the city of New Brunswick, NJ, USA. Hopefully, you will find them interesting.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

iron man


This is the iron gate of a very old cemetery on Neilson St. In fact, it was so old that I saw a grave of someone born in 1802! I didn't have any particular reason behind taking this photo. I guess I just liked that it was old. Sometimes in the midst of all the redevelopment in the city, you forget that the old stuff wasn't all bad.

6 Comments:

Blogger lv2scpbk said...

Nice photo in black and white and it even makes that fence look older.

12:27 AM

 
Blogger paideleo said...

Old things are not bad: they are history.
A hug from Galicia, between Portugal and Spain.

6:32 AM

 
Blogger Abhishek said...

the old stuff definitely speaks of history...nice perspective...nice shot

6:57 AM

 
Blogger Tom said...

This tie's in perfectly with my postings today, I like these wrought iron fences.
I had a friend who was an artist and he used old wrought iron fences a lot in his drawings, alas he died in fire at home.

http://www.originalprints.com/artistview.php?id=1699
Some of his work can be seen here.

7:16 AM

 
Blogger Sadia said...

thanks paideleo! i wanted to leave a comment on your site, but i know little to no spanish.
:-/

11:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i scraped my arm on that this summer and immediately went to get a tetanus shot!

1:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home