All the photos on this website were taken by me in the city of New Brunswick, NJ, USA. Hopefully, you will find them interesting.

Monday, August 13, 2007

sweet escape


while others chose to suffer in the heat (see man in back), one of my best friends and i had some ice cream after work. this place, 'cold stone creamery' is famous because you can customize your ice cream. here jessica enjoys a birthday cake in a cone. so cute.
this is part of the new rockoff dorms on george st. when i went to school here, there was no such cold stone creamery, (or any decent ice cream place for that matter), and i'm miffed about that. i mean, these new kids don't know how sweet they have it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my that ice cream she is eating looks delicious. We used to have what we called "ice cream parlors" here in most cities that had dairys. Then the dairys sold out to one giant company in each area and that caused all the smaller ones to close and with them went the ice cream parlors. Such a loss is only felt by those of us old enugh to remember "the good olde days."

Beautiful post -- picture and words.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

5:00 AM

 
Blogger Tom said...

I love ice creams, I like mine with a slice of orange cake.. yum!

I had to laugh when I saw you said 'Miffed', I've not heard that said for ages, it so much nicer than other words that are heard so often. oh! I admit I do use those other words too, but 'miffed' say's it a lot betted. ;)

6:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would always eat here when i visited my buddies in rockoff apts. i like the strawberry flavored one with tons of extras. =)

10:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fellow RU alum and its unbelievable how things have changed... they have no clue.

1:42 PM

 
Blogger korbermeister said...

Thomas Sweet is both closer to College ave. and arguably better! It's been in New Brunswick for over 20 years.

10:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home